Unknown Unknown Author
Title: Jega set to quit as INEC chairman, What next?
Author: Unknown
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Jega set to quit as INEC chairman, What next? Its being rumoured that INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega will be the next Petroleum Ministe...

Jega set to quit as INEC chairman, What next?

Its being rumoured that INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega will be the next Petroleum Minister, but for now he has declared that he is not interested in another term when his current tenure expires in June.

Speaking in an interview with the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC Hausa) Thursday night, Jega said having played his role in the political space for five years, it was time another person to contribute his or her own quota.
He said: “I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability.
“Whatever assignment one will do for five years – just like this difficult one, to me if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity, because for me I am not interested and if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God’s grace,” Jega said.
Subscribe to Maryann Live by Email
He pointed out that the introduction of the card reader device in the 2015 general elections had significantly helped to make the presidential election transparent, adding that challenges recorded would be looked into in the forthcoming governorship/state assembly elections.
“I maintained my calmness because I knew all the allegations were false. There is nothing that frightens me or disturbs me because, of all our actions, we have explanations for them,” he added.
To get our news on your finger tip, Click here to add us up on bbm Channel C004869CD. Do you have any story for us Email us at maryanneyo2@gmail.com Follow Us
  Maryann Blog
 http://twitter.com/maryann3n maryann_blog
 http://instagram.com/maryann3n maryann_live
men-accessories-336x280

About Author

Advertisement

Post a Comment

PLACE YOUR COMMENT IN THE COMMENT BOX

 
Top